It’s been nearly a couple of months since HTC started rolling out the Jelly Bean and Sense 4+ update for HTC One X and looks like the wait is finally over for the UK SIM-free models as ours just got updated. Hope everyone else gets updated soon as there have been a few welcome features that you will probably appreciate. Check the screenshots and what’s new after the break.
The 360+MB Android 4.1.1 update (HTC software number 3.14.401.27) brings a few enhancements and bug fixes such as the below:
- Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) and HTC Sense 4+ update
- Camera enhancements (New button to easily switch between front and main camera, Bypass the unlock screen by using sightseeing mode, New gallery landing page that includes an option to view photos and video by event or by map)
- Music improvements (New option allows you to organize your music by folders)
- Phone feature enhancements (New options including a full screen mode for the keypad and the ability to follow up a declined call with a text message)
- User interface enhancements (Improved calendar scheduling and cross-time zone functionality, New lock screen style options)
- Power management improvement (Optimize battery life with power saver mode)
- Updated Media Link and Flashlight apps
- New UI skins
Our first overall impressions of this update are good with our favourite new features being the full screen keypad and new UI skins. Unfortunately the skins we have downloaded previously were wiped out and the option to download them gone along with the HTC Hub app. Not sure where HTC is going with this but before we had 12 skins to choose from and we have only 6. The update should bring new features and not take the old ones out. Hopefully HTC will soon bring back the ‘Get More’ options so we can again download all our favourite skins.
If you haven’t got an automatic message asking you to update yet, you can always check the availability manually by going to Settings > About > Software updates > Check now.
HTC One X Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean screenshots